1098-Ts for 2014 will be mailed by January 31, 2015. This year, for the first time, students will also be able to access (view and print) their 1098-Ts electronically via myUMBC. Electronic access begins on February 3, 2015. Please take a moment to review the following FAQ. We hope it will answer your questions. If you need to reach us you can always contact Student Business Services. We’re here to help you!
When will I receive my 1098-T
1098-Ts will be in the mail by 1/31/15.
When will online access to 1098-T be available?
Online access begins on 2/3/15.
How do I view my 1098-T online?
Follow these steps to view your 1098-T online (beginning on 2/3/15).
1. Login to myUMBC, and select the Billing & Personal Finances Topic.
2. Select the Account Inquiry link.
3. Select the Campus Finances tab.
4. Select View 1098-T from the drop down menu.
Will every student receive a 1098-T?
No, some students are not eligible to receive a 1098-T.
You will not receive a 1098-T if:
- You are an international student.
- The total amount of your scholarships and/or tuition waivers received in the calendar year exceeded the total amount of tuition and fees charged in the same calendar year.
- You did not have eligible charges in the calendar year. Note that charges reported are based on date of registration for classes, not on billing or payment date.
Will my 1098-T reflect payments made?
No, UMBC reports on charges, not payments received.
What is included in Box 2 (Amounts Billed)?
All tuition and mandatory fees, including orientation and matriculation fees, charged in the calendar year are included in Box 2. Please note that Room and Board are not reported on 1098-Ts.
Is all financial aid included in Box 5 (Scholarships and Grants)?
Only scholarships and grants are included in Box 5. Loans are not reported on 1098-Ts.
Where are tuition & fee waivers reported?
Tuition & fee waivers (such as tuition remission) that posted in the calendar year were subtracted from tuition and fee charges for the same calendar year. The difference is reported in Box 2.
What is reported in Box 4 (Adjustments made for a prior year)?
Adjustments made in the calendar year (to charges for tuition and/or fees posted in a previous calendar year) are reported in Box 4.
What is reported in Box 6 (Adjustments to scholarships or grants for a prior year)?
Adjustments made during a calendar year (to scholarships or grants that posted in a previous calendar year) are reported in Box 6.